Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lambo

Look guys I don't have to tell you that Chinese buffets are the most contradictory things in the world. I mean it's an all you can eat buffet. You stuff yourself completely full, like, to the bursting, and then thirty minutes after you leave, you're hungry again! Why don't people just stay an extra thirty minutes and then stuff themselves again? I don't like it -9 I never think properly at the time to most efficiently use my 12.99.

Still as far as Chinese buffets go Lambo's (6158 Westheimer Road, don't get excited hipsters, it's on the outside the loop part of Westheimer yuck) pretty good, I'll give them that. The thing that I like the most about them is that they have a whole buffet of Asian soups. Right normally at these shindigs they have some hot and sour soup or whatever that drivel is, and then egg drop soup which is my favorite! And those are your two soup choices! Which aren't bad don't get me wrong I love egg drop soup, I thought that was all I needed in my life. But Lambo, they have like five or six different soup choices! You can get some miso soup there, when has that ever happened? I love miso soup! I never had it until I went to this place called Zushi Sushi in Dallas and there was this unbelievable waiter named Raphael who worked there and whenever he'd hand you your coke or whatever you'd say thanks and he'd say "my pleasure" but he'd say "play-shar" instead of pleasure and I'm still so attracted to him, please nobody tell Thomas. Anyways my point is miso soup is really tasty and I've never seen it in a buffet, they also had this Thai soup, Thai soup doesn't sound Chinese to me! That's so multicultural +13 gotta give them props for that, but let's face it everyone's just real glad to have options when it comes to eating hot wet foods in the middle of a hot wet Houston summer.

Here's the other thing, guys! EVERY CHINESE BUFFET IS THE SAME, I say now that I've just differentiated this Chinese buffet from every other Chinese buffet. OTHER THAN THE SOUPS, all the food is the same! You got your orange chicken, your General Tso's chicken, your chicken nuggets for the white people kids who go to this sort of thing with their parents. You got your egg rolls sitting across the buffet from the spring rolls. You got your rice, fried, steamed, or brown. And you got your buttered green beans. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative, either! I love when everything is the same! That makes decisions so easy! Right? You already know what you're going to eat when you put in your drink order and stand up to walk to the buffet. Buuut... guys, don't TELL anyone, but sometimes I like trying new things. I know. I know. Nobody would ever expect that, but that's ACTUALLY the reason I started this blog! I'm just saying, I'm a little torn here between these two compulsions of mine. Luckily this is America, and we can make decisions as to where to eat on a daily basis and nobody is going to force us to eat crappy Chinese food if we don't want to. +4, America. +4.

What I do have a problem with is places that serve sushi and have live fish inside them. Seriously guys? What am I supposed to think? I mean I'm going crazy right now, Melvin's been flushed away to the hospital all summer long since I've been out of town so much, I really miss the guy, you know? And here they are, aBUSing these fish by forcing them to live in such close quarters to their fallen comrades! Their fallen comrades! I work in a sushi restaurant right now, I'm pretty sure I have an understanding of what tuna, salmon, and crab look like, but goldfish? I'm not so sure. I can't easily spot that in a roll, right? I just don't know! -24 We were sitting pretty close to the aquarium at Lambo's and I never saw anybody come and pull out a fish to fill their diminishing stock, but maybe they'd just planned in advance, you know? I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment