Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Food Cravings - a series of haikus

There was the time that
For one semester, my meals
Were hashbrowns and eggs

For the last three weeks
It's been cous-cous (with butter,
'stead of olive oil

Let us be clear here
Food cravings are about my
Period, not health)

Those Wint-O-Green mints
More like individually wrapped
Crack- I can't resist.

Cans of artichokes
Jalapeno stuffed olives
Nutella celery

Those good Biscotti
That when you open in bed
Get crumbs everywhere

Boxes of hot tea
Brewed in dirty coffee pots
Final drops stain cups

What is wrong with me???
I'll listen to the same song
On repeat, for weeks

Wear the same T-shirt
Whenever it's clean (also
Whenever it's not)

Let's just agree to
Call it a Super Power
"Stuck in a Rut Girl"

1 comment:

  1. I have been given a few new matters from right right here I loved over study your blog post. Your blog have quality information, I were given precise mind from this exquisite blog. i am usually searching like this kind blog put up. i am hoping i'm able to see once more your placed up.

    ReplyDelete